This is a guest post by Nitin, founder of Offshore Ally.
If you want to guest post on this blog, check out the guidelines here.
First of all, why would you want someone to guest blog on your website?
Truth be told, guest blogging provides a number of benefits, especially if you are doing reciprocal blog exchanges. When you invite a guest blogger to your website, you will most likely experience an increase in traffic as that blogger’s readers come to your website to read the guest blog post. This boost can be expected for a couple of days, and if you do have a quality blog that relates to the guest blogger’s niche market, then many of his or her readers will be likely to subscribe to your RSS feed and continue to visit your blog as a result.
This tactic works very well to increase your exposure online by advertising yourself in other blogging communities.
If you do exchange guest blog posts with another blogger, this is also the best free form of advertising that you can get on another blog. If you write a quality post relating to your niche market, the readers of that blog will likely want to know who you are and what you are doing guest blogging on that website. Within your guest blog, you will be able to leave a resource box with your author information and a link back to your website, which provides both SEO and Internet marketing benefits to further increase the visibility and reputation of your brand online.
So where do you find these guest blogging opportunities?
1. Try Blogger Linkup: This is an e-mail newsletter that you can subscribe to, which will list a number of guest bloggers offering their blog posts for your website. You can create relationships within the blogging community to either do reciprocal guest blog posts or host another guest blog on your website. The best part about this newsletter is that you can choose guest bloggers based upon their expertise, website, and post topic to fit in with your niche market on your blog.
2. Social Networking Connections: If you already have Facebook fans and numerous followers on Twitter, you can begin to make connections with other bloggers in your industry. This is the virtual way to rub elbows with your colleagues and peers, and you can follow up by sending messages and asking them to guest blog for you. Most bloggers will be more than happy to provide a guest post that will have a link going back to their website and further promote their blog, which will also benefit your website through an increase in traffic.
3. Search on Google: Of course, you can easily search on Google by plugging in such keywords as “guest post” + your keywords, “write for us” + your keywords, or “guest blog submission guidelines” + your keywords. You can weed through all of the search results to find blogs in your niche market, or you can also use the above keywords and add your specific niche market keywords to them to find more closely related guest blog opportunities. Once you have this information, you can request to guest blog post on a website and inquire about any reciprocal guest blogging prospects.
4. Search on Twitter: Twitter has an incredibly helpful search tool, which will show you what people are talking about in real-time. You can simply plug in “guest blogs” into the keyword search bar on Twitter. This will show you a number of tweets promoting guest blog posts, where you can then visit the blog website to find out about guest blogging or guest blog exchange opportunities.
5. Frequent Forums: A fantastic way to find guest blogging opportunities is to get connected in online communities. If you join groups on LinkedIn or become a part of other forums within your niche market, you will most likely meet other bloggers within your industry that you can exchange posts with. Otherwise, you can become a part of the forum myblogguest for specific guest blogging updates. Get involved!
What many webmasters do not realize is that guest blogging and guest blog exchanges truly take SEO and Internet marketing to the next level.
This is one of the quickest ways to get your foot in the door when promoting your company online, especially if you don’t have the money to pay for costly advertising on a number of top websites. If you guest blog on a popular website with a link going back to your website, that link will only become more powerful and authoritative with age, offering even greater SEO benefits to your website!
Author Profile: Nitin is an internet marketer and founder of Offshore Ally – a Virtual assistant company. He likes to share his expertise on blogging and internet marketing. If you are looking for a virtual assistant for your internet marketing venture, you can visit his website.