This is guest post by Krizia who is the co-creator of The Blog Income for Women Blueprint
I’ve made a huge decision for this year!
I’ve decided to quit blogging!
Yup, I’m not going to write blog posts like I used to in the past.
Let me give you a little background.
I’ve been blogging since 2007 and have written well over 2500 posts on my different blogs.
I type very quickly and never suffer from writer’s block (I love writing just as much as I love talking), but recently, I’ve not been as motivated by blogging and I was looking for a way to get excited again about my work and also increase my readership. After doing some research, it seemed that a number of smart marketers were turning to videos as a way to boost their business.
Don’t get me wrong, I’ve been doing vblogs for a while now, but I wasn’t following a clear strategy and because of that my results were less than spectacular. I’ve made the decision to invest into video marketing this year by taking courses and also by applying everything I learn.
A lot of people fear video production because they are afraid of being on camera. I’ll admit it took me a while to get over this fear, but now I’m fairly comfortable and I don’t worry about some non-flattering comments left on my YouTube channel.
That said, you can create a lot of videos without ever showing your face. If you use screencapture tools like Camtasia (for a PC) and Screenflow (for MAC), you can easily create videos from Power Point that are informative and entertaining (and that will get you visitors to your site).
I’ll admit to being excited by my new MAC because I can finally use a program like Screenflow which allows me to capture what I am doing on my screen and while still showing my face in the corner – it’s just a little bit more personal that way (Camtasia doesn’t offer this functionality).
One of the easiest ways to get started with video blogging is by turning a post or an article you’ve already written into a PowerPoint presentation! It might seem like a lot of work, but these easy steps should get you started quickly.
Before we get started, there are a few important tools you’ll need:
1) A screen capture tool like Camtasia (for a PC) and Screenflow (for MAC)
2) A microphone (sound quality is imperative)
3) PowerPoint (for PC) or Keynote (for MAC)
4) A YouTube account
So how do you turn your post into a video?
1. Take a post that you’ve written and extract the key points in bullet points in PowerPoint or Keynote.
2. Find a template that you like that’s not too busy to give your presentation some flair.
3. Source photos to add some visual element. If you are reviewing a product, it’s important that you include a shot of the product in question. You’ll be adding those photos inside your presentation.
4. Make sure your opening slide refers to your brand.
5. Close your presentation with your brand and with the URL you want people to visit.
6. Open your screencapture program.
7. Read out the screens you’ve created in a lively way.
8. When you are done, convert that into a flash format that you can easy upload.
9. Upload the video on your YouTube channel.
10. Make sure you add the URL that you want people to visit to your video description and make sure you add an interesting description.
11. Grab the embedded code from YouTube and add that to your blog post and also add a bit of an introduction to the video.
Now, if you are still not convinced you’re interested in going down the video blogging route, I’ll leave you with these eye-popping statics:
* There are over 200,000,000 blogs on the internet (writing content is not enough to get noticed anymore).
* YouTube exceeds 2 Billion views per day!
* YouTube videos are among the most consumed content even outside of YouTube…sites like MySpace, FaceBook, social networks and independent sites and blogs.
* More content is uploaded to YouTube every 60 days than in the last 60 years on all major U.S. TV networks combined!!!
If you’re not exploiting the power of vlogs and video marketing to attract new readers to your blog or more buyers to your products … you are missing out!
Here’s another great thing about vlogging – if you have affiliate programs you’d like to promote, you’ll get ahead MUCH faster by using video marketing than by writing a simple post.
About the Author:
Krizia is the co-creator of The Blog Income for Women Blueprint which teaches women how to turn their blogging efforts into blog income.
You can watch a free video tutorial and download a free report here: