One of the most natural ways for getting back links is by focusing on the content of your site, ensuring that it is of high quality.
If your content is good, it will automatically draw visitors to your site making it popular. Once the word gets out about your site among the web masters community, you are bound to receive many inbound links.
If you have high quality blog posts, others will want to link to it. Google sees this as the most natural way to build back links…so make it part of your link building campaign.
It is always better to follow a natural simulation process while link building.
A few ways to get links naturally:
- Cash in on the love of lists that most Internet surfers have. Whether it is a ‘Top 10 List’ or a ‘101 List’, you can be sure to get visitors looking for these.
- Organizing a competition will also get a number of visitors to your site. You can spread awareness about your competition by asking some of your on-line relationships to promote for you. Plus ask each contestant to promote as part of entry to the contest. Here’s my first ever blog contest. That blog post gave my blog a great kick start with regards visitors and comments.
- Start an online community that will act as a genuine forum for like-minded people to interact with each other, share their opinions and mobilize a cause that they feel strongly about.
- Offer a free service. This will not only add to your goodwill but provide you free advertising as well.
- If not free, provide a special offer for certain sections of customers such as students, middle-income groups, senior citizens, veterans…
- Offer a free download such as an e-book guide and allow others to promote for you…ensuring they link back to your site.
No matter which of the above-mentioned methods you adopt to get links for your site, always remember to keep your eyes open for free links that you can get.
For instance you can get free links by asking or answering a question on Yahoo Answers following it up with links to relevant sources.
Creating a topical Squidoo page, which is back linked to your site are also good link generating methods.
You can also get links to your site by leaving your signature link on an online forum.
Or by commenting on Comluv blogs.
Remember to check out my post: Link Building Campaign to see what tools and services I use to build backlinks automatically.
The next post in this series will discuss ‘choosing quality link partners as part of your link building campaign’
How do you build backlinks?
Please share your views in the comments below. Thanks.