This is the first one and it simply outlines why a Link Building Campaign is important.
Some say, the Page Rank of your blog is the make or break factor for it.
They go on to say, the Page Rank or numeric value that Google assigns to a blog denotes its importance on the web and plays a deciding role in its visibility in the top search displays for the optimized keywords.
And an important factor of your Page Rank score is inbound links to your site.
As inbound links play a vital role in the calculation of the page rank of a site, one needs to understand the importance of link building for improving their page ranking and subsequently drawing more traffic.
Link building refers to the process of securing inbound links to your blog from various other websites and other online sources such as press releases, newsletters, social media, e-zine articles, blogs and directories
The more trusted or high-quality links a site has, the higher the Page Rank and that can improve the placement of your blog in the major search engines such as Google, Yahoo and MSN.
Why have a link building campaign?
With the information superhighway, as the Internet was once referred to by former US Vice President Al Gore, being revolutionized by the day, link building has become an integral part of every site’s online marketing strategy.
However, link building in itself is not enough, the trick is in generating quality inbound links that add value to one’s site.
Some of the main advantages of having a link building campaign are:
- Proper link building can help the site get quality traffic from relevant sites, which in turn will help your site become a part of the core searches for the targeted keywords
- Having a number of high-quality inbound links improves the page ranking of a site as it is considered to be offering a valuable service to the reader.
- Link building not only helps in enhancing the visibility of a site, but also adds to its credibility if the inbound links come from popular or respectable sites.
- Link building is also an effective strategy to obtain a wider search engine exposure and to get indexed by them to secure a higher engine ranking.
- Link building helps save advertising cost and time as your having inbound links from well-known sites is an effective means of marketing one’s site in the online space.
The next post in this series will discuss ‘What makes a strong backlink?’
Do you have a Link Building Campaign?
How do you build your inbound links?
Please share your views in the comments below. Thanks