A good blogging friend of mine, Tara Roskell, helps wannabe inventors, ideas people, artists and designers promote their work.
She shares many ideas and resources via her blog, http://ideasuploaded.com.
So…why am I telling you this?
A few weeks back she asked me to do an audio interview with her. The interview would cover how inventors could market and sell their inventions via blogging.
And the audio is now up!
Here are just some of the questions I was asked and answered:
- How would you advise a beginner to go about setting up a blog (what software, hosting etc)?
- What benefits are there to blogging that could help an inventor who has a product to promote or sell?
- How can an inventor find suitable subjects to blog about, which would be of interest to their potential buyer?
- If the inventor is not a good writer, what are their options?
- What are some of the best ways to get visitors to your blog and keep them coming back to read more?
- What would be the best way an inventor could try and convert their blog readers into product buyers?
Now you may think the answers are aimed at just inventors.
They are not. They are aimed at anyone who sells their own products.
You can listen and / or download (it’s been downloaded 156 times!) the audio from here:
I hope you like it and if you have any further questions, simply ask away in the comments section of Tara’s blog post.