Most people who want to sell their services write some text, sit back and hope the customers will come flocking!
In many cases, it turns people off. And they go straight for the ‘close page’ button.
For many reasons including:
- The copy is too hyped up
- The prospective customer just does not know you or trust you
- The services you are offering are not what the visitor is looking for
- You have no testimonials
Let’s tackle testimonials!
How to get them?
Simple! Provide the best service you can and then ask for feedback and get permission to add to your website.
Not everyone will provide feedback but many will – especially as you have provided an excellent service.
How best to display your testimonials?
- Create a separate ‘testimonials page’ (I’ve just changed mine to ‘Happy Customers’)
- In the sidebar – you’ll see I rotate my testimonials
- On your “About” page
- On your “Home page” – if yours is static
- Create a shameless video
Re: point 5 – a shameless video
That’s exactly what I’ve just done. Here’s my shameless testimonials video:
What better advert can there be for your services than great testimonials from your customers?
Great testimonials are better than any copy you can write…so get them, display them and create a shameless video!